Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Jane's Failures

Greetings! My name is Jane, or at least that's what I call myself. Some of you followed my failures several years back and may think that I've gotten my act together since that time since I disappeared. Fortunately, adulthood hasn't gotten the best of me yet, and I am still being foolish rather regularly. If you aren't familiar with the life and times of Jane, one sentence can sum it up: I am the most responsible hot mess you will ever meet.  While it might sound like a complete juxtaposition, it is true.  I actually have my shit together - my finances are in order; I take care of myself; I am progressing in my career; I have a strict exercise regiment; I am philanthropic; I am a productive member of society.  It's my social/romantic life that is a what one may refer to as a disaster - I tend to do ridiculous things when I have a few drinks; I pick the worst guys to date; I can be a drama queen/psycho at times.  

But overall, I am fun. In fact, I would venture to say that I am a blast, the  life of the party. Unfortunately, my problem is that I really like to party. And I don't know the word no. Oh, and I really like taking risks. And I like shots, lots of shots. I can't seem to say no. I think 22 year old boys are the best. Did I mention I don't know how to use the word NO? 

It's like I am a responsible 45 year old mother by day and a wild and crazy 18 year old by night. In all actuality, I am 26 and single, heading down the road to the life of a crazy cat lady (except I think cats are gross). I am quirky, independent, loud, and full of laughter. I love to dance. I sing in the car, the shower, at my desk, and on my bike - and I do it off key! I am a scheduling queen but love spontaneity. I lack a filter. I worry that I will develop a multiple personality disorder. I think highly of myself, while simultaneously thinking my life is in shambles.  I use entirely too much data on my phone. I use touch as my love language. I hate sleeping in the same bed as others. As of yesterday, I have a TV with channels for the first time in 5 years. I am foolish, messy, silly, and brilliant. I am Jane and I hope you enjoy this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment